Sunday, July 30, 2017

NYC Pride Rally and Award

Rebekah and I were honored to speak at the NYC Pride Rally last month! I wrote this on Facebook the following day...

"This kid amazes me every day.
And this community continues to amaze me. I am humbled, and grateful beyond words to the LGBTQ community for the welcome they have offered Rebekah and our family. Rebekah walked away last night with an immense amount of love and encouragement, and even an editor to help her towards her dream of being a writer!
As I said last night, it's because of this community, it's thanks to every trans person who has gifted us with their story, their experience, and their friendship - whether in person or by putting it out into the world - that I can be the mom that Rebekah needs… It’s because of you that Rebekah sees possibility and hope in her future. Thank you. We will keep fighting alongside you."



She was honored a few weeks later to receive the NYC Pride Award for Outsanding Rally Speaker. She is humbled and grateful, and we are so proud of her and thankful to an incredible community.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you! Leave your comments.

It may not show up immediately because I moderate comments due to spam. I promise I'll get to it as soon as possible and look forward to talking to you!